Do you want personalized solutions to digestive complaints (IBS), low energy, sinus congestion, allergies, poor sleep, and autoimmune symptoms?
You don’t have to ignore or accept that you just have to live with these types of symptoms. There are always solutions or means to improve! We are relentless about getting to the root cause of symptoms, finding the connections, and not simply masking them.
Do you feel that Conventional Medicine is not meeting all of your needs?
You are not alone! Everywhere that I go, I hear people complaining about not getting the right kind of time and care from their doctors and specialists. I see my role as providing what is lacking in your conventional care. I’ll will spend time with you, listen to you, develop a partnership with you, and take you seriously. I rely on Functional Medicine and 30 years of experience treating people with chronic conditions. The “Functional” approach moves away from masking symptoms with pharmaceuticals or even herbs and supplements. Instead, we always ask “Why is this symptom happening? Let’s get to the bottom of this and find solutions!”
Work with me from anywhere in the United States.
I now consult with patients by phone and Skype, so that people worldwide can benefit. Our office works with patients differently from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to.
Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the process. There is also a section at the end that describes the fee structure for our office.
As a new patient, your treatment is broken into three phases:
- The Initial Consult
- The Case Review
- Ongoing Treatment
Each phase is described in more detail below.
STEP ONE: INITIAL CONSULT
During this 30-minute phone/Skype video appointment, I’ll will interview you to determine which lab tests to order for your Case Review, based on your chief complaints and your history.
This appointment has two purposes:
- To get acquainted and make sure that we are a good “fit”and we can work together to get to the bottom your health issues.
- Assure that we have all of the information needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of many of the factors affecting your health.
The Initial consult is designed to save money and time in the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins. A cornerstone of our approach is “test, don’t guess.” Identifying the underlying patterns contributing to disease is the key to a successful and lasting outcome.
The exact lab testing ordered after the Initial Consult depends on your individual circumstances, but may include:
- A comprehensive blood chemistry panel. This is the single most efficient, effective and affordable tool for quickly evaluating your health. It screens for a wide range of conditions, including several types of anemia; gut, viral and bacterial infections; insulin resistance and hypoglycemia; liver and kidney issues; and thyroid and adrenal problems. It offers important clues for how to structure and focus your treatment to get the best results. And it provides a baseline of biomarkers that can be used to objectively track the progress of your treatment over time.
- Additional blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and gluten sensitivity.
- Advanced stool testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Urine organic acids testing to screen for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, problems metabolizing fat or carbohydrate, B-vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress, and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Urine/Saliva hormone testing for adrenal and sex hormone status.
- Mercury and heavy metals testing.
Our Case Manager will then provide you with the Case Review health history paperwork to complete. It is important that you spend time and energy completing these intake forms, as they are vital in helping us understand your case. This paperwork includes:
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire
- A survey of your chief complaints and most important health goals
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms
- A diet survey and questionnaire
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
Once we’ve received your lab results and completed the Case Review paperwork, you will move on to Step 2: The Case Review Consultation. This typically occurs between 30 and 50 days after the Initial Consultation, because some of the labs we use take up to 4 weeks to deliver the results to us after receiving your sample.
STEP TWO: THE CASE REVIEW
The Case Review serves several purposes. It enables a more accurate estimate about how long your treatment program will last, what it will include and how much it will cost. It gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect. And it provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other better and solidify a long term relationship.
The Case Review Consultation is a 75-minute, Skype/iPhone appointment.
Prior to the consultation, I will review the results from the labs that were ordered along with your Case Review paperwork, medical history, diet and supplement survey, assessment forms and relevant prior lab work. Then I will create a Report of Findings, which is broken into three parts:
- A summary of the underlying patterns that are contributing to your symptoms.
- An outline of the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Recommendations for further testing (this will typically be minimal).
During your consultation, I’ll present the Report of Findings as well as your treatment plan. We will also review all of your test results with you, discuss the results, and answer any questions you have about the findings or the treatment plan.
STEP THREE: ONGOING TREATMENT
Once the Case Review is complete, we suggest that you have follow-up appointments on a regular basis for the first four months of your treatment plan. From there, the frequency of your follow-up appointments will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to the treatment.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person in our office, or have them on the phone or via Skype/iPhone video.
The Case Review is the fastest and most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your health problems and design an effective treatment plan. While a Case Review may cost more than a typical initial visit to a physician, it is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
$95. Includes the 30-minute phone/Skype appointment, and Case Review preparation.
$350. Includes the Report of Findings and a 75-minute in-person consultation with Dr. Davis. We ask that this be paid at the end of the Initial Consult.
The fee for laboratory tests can sometimes be expensive. Recommended tests will be discussed and you will have opportunity to confirm or delay certain tests.
The fee for supplements that are prescribed as part of your treatment plan vary widely depending on the requirements of care. As always, you will be fully informed about the recommended supplements, and you will have the opportunity to approve or decline any supplements before you are charged for them (after the Case Review).
Ongoing Treatment Fees:
Follow-up appointments are (30 minutes) and we have block plans available to save you time and money. These appointments can be either in-person or by phone or Skype/FaceTime.